Life after de-activating my fb(Facebook) account.

The image is similar to that of a road sign which says no road ahead.In this pic,there's a cross to fb logo.

I am on a self-imposed challenge of not using fb at all for a year.This came into effect on 12th February,2017.Though it's only been around 100 days since then,here's what I experienced in my life after that -

  1. Now a days I am more active on Quora. From the name itself,it starts with a Q(question) and ends with an A(answer).This according to me exactly suits social networking.
  2. Finished watching GOT(till season 6) and Mr.Robot(till season 2).
  3. Been actively participating in fantasy sports like dream11.
  4. Exploring myself by getting to interact with others directly instead of using online tools.
  5. Life feels a bit nice as I feel to have more time for myself,be it utilising it to play cricket outdoors with friends or going for a walk in the morning alone.
  6. I wish to continue this process(of not being on fb)till 12th of Feb,2018.
  7. Realized that more than money,time is the biggest asset.
  8. Actual motive behind this baby step was to concentrate on doing programming and reach atleast to level of top 20 percentile by next year.Though this goal requires further time.
  9. Now that the holidays are on,resumed courses on Udacity- online learning resource.
  10. Sleeping for a min. of 7 hrs at night due to which I am more active in the mornings.
  11. Effectively utilizing internet for what it is meant to be used for.I have to say,spending time on fb is the worst one could do for entertainment.
  12. I restricted my use of Whatsapp too to a limit of an aggregate of an hour a day.Other than these two(Quora,Whatsapp) I am not on any other social media.
  13. Got time to reflect on my own life like where I wish to be 5 years from now.After that,I set my priorities and implementing the same in my routine.
Here's a video which might help you all to set right your present for a better tomorrow.It's on the top :P

Edited to add
  1. I am more active on YourQuote now a days. The description of it is - "YourQuote is Asia's fastest growing writing app and is currently enabling 500,000+ writers practice creative writing daily, by combining two essential aspects of mobile products: beauty and brevity. Try YourQuote on Google Play/App Store and see how it will hook you if you write."
  2. I write on this occasionally like once in a month.
  3. During my time away from fb, I tried my hand at Arduino uno and realized that semi-conductors isn't my field of interest.
  4. I am no where in the top 20 percentile in programming viz, but it's fine.
  5. The original post was published way back on 24/05/2017 and now the edits have been made today(12/02/2018). 



Comments

  1. Yeah...Bro, Very very Nice. How was your life when you are on Fb...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like infinite loop of scrolling the news feed and wasting precious time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 list of English songs ( Personal opinion)

When life changes all of a sudden!

Top 10 list of Hindi songs